Industrial + Environmental Concepts Lagoon Covers
Floating Manure Pond Covers
IEC's Covers are customized to fit the geometry of your pond, lagoon or tank. Our patented design in the gas collection cover includes a series of lateral floats that provide pathways for gas to flow beneath the floating cover, to the perimeter collection pipe, and on to a single collection point.
Traditional floating covers that inflate expose the geomembrane cover to vibration and fatigue from wind, which significantly reduce the life span of the cover. IEC’s floating covers use lateral floats instead, which keeps the entire cover floating on the waters’ surface, eliminating cover inflation and exposure to wind damage.
Additionally, ballast weights placed on top of the floating cover channel rainwater and snow melt to sumps, which remove all rainwater from the surface of the floating cover.
IEC’s pond and manure lagoon covers have a number of benefits, including:
- Designed by engineers with over 25 years of continuous cover design experience
- Keeping the cover on the water surface avoiding damage from wind
- Accommodating fluctuation in water level
- Installation without interruption in basin use
- Installation on tanks or ponds
- Eliminating rainwater pooling problems
- Eliminating inflating the cover and gas ballooning
- Providing access to in-basin equipment
Modular Floating Covers for Manure Ponds and Manure Lagoons
IEC's patented Modular Cover System for manure ponds, manure tanks and manure lagoons is comprised of a series of individual casings, which are connected together to form a complete, floating cover system. Each individual casing consists of a panel of closed cell insulation encapsulated between 2 sheets of durable geomembrane. The result is a unique floating cover system that provides insulation values ranging from R-2 to R-30; and is engineered and manufactured to specific dimensions/basin requirements.
The Modular Cover System offers the following advantages over conventional covers systems. These covers are:
- Maintenance free
- Able to be installed on tanks or lagoons
- Adept to varying water levels
- Made up of removable, individual casings
- Installed without site interruption